||BATTLE CREEK, Mich., June 29, 2015 /PRNewswire/ — Kellogg Company is introducing more than 40 new products across its U.S. lineup with a wave of foods that fit the latest trends in nutrition, taste and convenience. The new products can now be found at retailers nationwide, from the cereal aisle to the snack and freezer sections.
Simple, recognizable ingredients
Many consumers are seeking more simple foods with 51 percent of people saying that they look for food with recognizable ingredients1.
- New Kellogg’s® Origins is a line of six cereals, granolas and muesli that are prepared simply, with no artificial flavors or hydrogenated oils.
- The lineup features blends of ancient and traditional grains – oats, barley, spelt, quinoa, and KAMUT® Brand Khorasan wheat. They also include a variety of fruits, nuts, and seeds – including apricots, apples, cranberries, walnuts, almonds, cashews and pumpkin seeds.
- New Special K® Chewy Nut Bars fit the way many people eat breakfast today: a small meal at home, followed by wholesome snack later in the morning. These new bars come in two flavors: Cranberry Almond and Chocolate Almond.
- Kellogg’s Nutri-Grain® Breakfast Biscuits provide a great-tasting, portable option with recognizable ingredients. They are made with whole grain and have no artificial flavors, preservatives or high fructose corn syrup. They debut in two varieties: Chocolate Chip and Apple Cinnamon.
New ways to eat positive, feel positive
New products across the Special K lineup provide a new variety of delicious ways to get the positive nutrition that Special K fans are seeking.
- Special K Low Fat Granola with Cranberries provides 4 grams of protein while having 60 percent less fat than competitive granolas.
- Special K Breakfast Medley breakfast sandwiches are made with whole wheat and real eggs. They come in two satisfying options: Egg, Bacon & Cheese, and Egg, Spinach & Cheese.
- Special K Nourish Honey Nut Crunch hot cereal provides a warm, positive option for starting the day.
More than half of Americans say they are interested in reducing the amount of meat in their diet2. The MorningStar Farms® brand is making that easier than ever with the debut of three new products.
- MorningStar Farms Tuscan Greens and Beans Veggie Bowl, and Spicy Black Bean Enchilada Veggie Bowl are tasty, microwaveable veggie cuisine and provide 14 and 15 grams of plant-based protein respectively.
- MorningStar Farms Southwest Sunrise Breakfast Sandwiches are a unique option for a meatless way to start the day, with 11 grams of protein and 190 calories.
(See nutrition information for saturated fat content, sodium content, cholesterol content.)
Delicious news from the Hollow Tree
The Keebler® Elves have been hard at work inventing new recipes, and several new cookies are magically appearing on store shelves.
- Keebler Jif cookies — crisp cookies covered in real Jif peanut butter and crunchy nuts, and covered in fudge.
- Also coming to a cookie jar near you are new Fudge Stripe Cookies and Creme cookies and Chips Deluxe Rainbow Celebration cookies made with red, white and blue M&Ms.
New products all over the store
From cereal and snack aisle to the freezer, there are new products from across the Kellogg Company’s family of brands.
- Many Cheez-It® lovers told the brand that they actually sort through the box seeking crackers with the slightly “extra toasty” flavor. The brand heard their voices loud and clear and is now giving fans entire boxes of new Cheez-it Extra Toasty crackers.
- Kellogg’s Frosted Flakes® Energy Clusters cereal provides 9 grams of protein in each serving including one-half cup of skim milk.
- Eggo® Thick and Fluffy Blueberry Cobbler waffles provide a delicious homemade waffle experience, and Eggo Blueberry Waffle Bites provide blueberry taste in a microwavable portable pouch.